Saturday, December 08, 2007

Photos-Now Customer Satisfaction Statement

We have had two comments lately from Show Secretaries about two customers with print problems.
I'm posting here to restate Photos-Now Customer Satisfaction policy.

You must be happy with our prints. It’s as simple as that.

If a print is lost in the mail or damaged in transit we will replace it no charge and no questions asked.
We use regular mail for shipping in order to keep costs down. So far in three years we have lost less than 10 photos and have only had 3 or 4 damaged.
We print the photos for best exposure of the dog and it’s coat. We want to show the detail in the white dogs and black dogs coats so print accordingly.
If a customer is not happy with that we will call them to determine the problem and correct it.


Those customers did not come to us. They chose to talk to the show secretaries.

I corrected the problem with one of them and the other will be corrected this weekend.
If one of our customers comes to you and says they are not happy with their print please direct them to us. I cannot fix the problem if the customer doesn’t contact us or if I don’t hear about it. So please contact me either by email – chris@telus.net
or by phone – 250-563-4466. We will do everything we can do to correct the problem.


You all know that we are building the dog show photography business on customer service and quality.
I am the first person to admit that we are not perfect. We make mistakes so to keep our customers happy we offer a satisfaction guarantee.
We have only had to refund money to one customer because she was not happy with the photos. That’s the last resort but if I cannot make the print be what the customer wants then I will refund the money.


If anyone has any questions please contact me.

So on to better things –

We picked up the Burns Lake show for 2008 and are really close on one or two more.

We added a third viewing station this year and as soon as I can find another computer with XP on it I will add the fourth viewing station.
As soon as I can get them we are purchasing two new state of the art cameras. There is a huge waiting list and I am in about the middle of it. We will have the new cameras for CKOC in March.
The Nikon D300 has the best low light sensitivity I have seen in a digital camera. It has a new focusing engine – 52 points to focus from instead of 2 with our current cameras.
Our win photos and candids should be even better with the new cameras.

1 comment:

NaSara said...

Thank you for making the whole photo expereince as pleasent as possible. Not only are you very easy to deal with, but your photos are excellent and continue to evolve. Thank you for all your attention to detail.

Sincerely,

Natasha Taphorn
Professional Handler